Thursday, July 8, 2010

Gluten Free Products From General Mills

I have to give props to General Mills. They have an entire website for gluten free living. On this website they give a list of their products that are gluten free. I am amazed at some of their products! They have gluten free foods from brand names such as Betty Crocker (including cake and icing!!!!!), Hamburger Helper, Chex, Green Giant, Nature Valley, Larabar, Progresso, and Yoplait. That's pretty impressive. Oh, and Bisquick is coming out with GF foods soon!

Disclaimer: Ok, so I have to admit, I don't eat any of these products with the exception of Chex. I just don't eat processed foods or foods with perservatives. Well, most of the time, at least. It's not that I'm against it, I just find that making foods from scratch myself is cheaper.

But back to the good news. I think that this website is advertising genius. Not only that, but the website says that All General Mills products that meet GF requirements are clearly labeled as gluten free on that product.

If other food companies can do the gluten free labeling on their product labels, I think they would see a lot more money. It takes all the guess work out of grocery shopping and it really takes the stress off of the buyer. I personally have bought one specific brand over another only because the label of the brand I bought said it was gluten free.

This website also has resources, information, and recipes included. One of my problems with going gluten free is finding fun appetizers and snacks for parties that I can eat too. I found so many good ideas from their list.

I am in no way affiliated with General Mills, nor do I know anyone who works for them. But here's a shout out to their marketing department!

1 comment:

oz said...

"I personally have bought one specific brand over another only because the label of the brand I bought said it was gluten free."

So have I! I absolutely agree with you...love it when packages are clearly marked gluten free. It earns my loyalty.

The Betty Crocker gluten free devils food cake mix is great. All I do is heat up some cherry pie filling and spoon it over the top :)