Monday, March 1, 2010

Monday's Munchies-Cake Edition!

In the spirit of birthdays, I thought I would post the recipe that I used to make my birthday cake this year. It is called Tropical Sunset Cake. It is really easy to make, yet it tastes like a little slice of Heaven. I got this recipe from an old coworker who beat me in a dessert contest at one of our work retreats, and rightly so, as this cake can beat my pumpkin cheesecake any day of the week!

Tropical Sunset Cake

Pillsbury Yellow Cake Mix
Small can Mandarin Oranges (include juice)
3 eggs (beaten)
1/2 cup oil

Mix all of this and bake in a tube pan or 2-3 layers in a 350 Deg. oven for 30-35 minutes.

Cool. Do not make icing until cake is cool.

Icing:
12 ounces of Cool Whip
Lg. pkg of Vanilla instant pudding
20 oz. can of crushed pineapple in Heavy Syrup (a must)

Mix all of this including juice.

Ice cake and refrigerate.

Enjoy!

No comments: