Friday, April 23, 2010

What a great day...

No sarcasm in this title. I truly feel blessed to be here today. I read a line in a book this morning that I want to share: "If you are still alive on this planet, it's because He has something for you to do." It seems surreal that I have such an important purpose, but I love to feel needed.

I am loving every minute of the day today. My little short-stack slept in today, which was much needed after spending the week in daycare and not taking her naps. Then after a big breakfast, she let me vacuum, dust, clean the toilets, and get 2 loads of laundry done. All before 10:30! She even played while I was able to get a tiny workout in.

It is cloudy and rainy outside, but I love it. We need the rain, as it has been a pretty dry April. We can't go out and play today, but it's worth it. And it keeps me in the house to get caught up on my cooking. I'm making chicken broth with the leftover bones of the past 2 nights of dinner. I'm making my famous family loved meatloaf tonight, so I know that eating will not be a fight, as it often is with my EXTRA PICKY eater. Then after she goes to bed, it's movie night with the best husband in the world!

So, I hope I have done something today that fits with my purpose in life. Being able to just be at home with my precious family, well, I think it does.

No comments: