Sunday, February 14, 2010

Another Sunday Inspiration

Welcome back to my Sunday inspirations! In the spirit of Valentine's Day, my inspiration comes from my husband today. I could never have come up with a more suitable companion as he. He and our marriage are living proof that God's plans are best, even if we don't think so at the moment.

When I first met my man, I did not think of him as husband material. I was a freshman in college, and I just wanted to hang out and have fun. We met at a party that a mutual friend invited us both to (I did not want to go). We had so much fun together that first year that we dated. By the time I was a junior, I knew that this man was the one for me. We waited until we finished our Master's degrees to get married. It took us long enough! Now, 6 and 1/2 years after getting married, we are just getting started!

Here is a cute story...when I was in junior high, I prayed for a husband that was tall and dark hair and blue eyes. I specifically remember that strange, selfish little prayer. Low and behold, my love of my life is tall, has dark hair and the most beautiful blue eyes I have ever seen!

He's my inspiration today because of despite all our differences, he has committed himself in our relationship and our family. That may not seem like much, but in this day and age, that means something. I see so much family trauma in our youth at school, and if you don't think this family trauma is affecting our youth, you are walking around with blindfolds.

Last year was the hardest year for our tiny little family. We had our first child, and a month later a tragic death of a very close relative. We struggled to communicate in our transition to being parents as well as our grief. I started a new job, and for some reason, I am struggling to stay healthy (still trying to figure that one out).

But through all of these changes in our lives, my hunky husband always reminds me that we are okay. He tells me through his actions as well as his words. He is my rock when I think I cannot get up in the morning. Even when I am mad at him, or he is mad at me, we know that this is only temporary. Our marriage is stronger than the circumstances around us at the moment. Thank God for that and for the fact that my hubby feels the same way.

1 comment:

Emily's Family said...

I am sorry to hear about your rough year, but I am happy that you have a husband who is your rock!!! That is awesome