Friday, February 5, 2010

Thank you Alaina for taking a super long nap today! I not only got some precious sleep in myself, but I also managed to read my newest letter from Voice of the Martyrs, make some soap, and write a post! It feels forever since I have posted, and I apologize. I am not going to get any followers at this rate! Ha ha!

I think I will write about my soap project! I am excited to begin learning how to make cold-process soap. My first batch was finally ready to try at the beginning of February, and I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised!


It cleanses well, has a better lather than I thought, and wasn't as drying as I thought. It wasn't as creamy and conditioning as I would have liked, though. And I think I want some that have a scent. But, I have decided to try the same batch again, just to see if it turns out the same. I think I am going to donate this batch to a shelter in the area. My next soap challenge will be made from goat's milk. I am hoping to help my husband's eczema with it (we'll see if he is willing to try it...). I would also love something that I can use on Alaina. I just hate the thought spending so much on all natural soaps from the store. So, I'm going to make my own. I am thinking the goat's milk will be a good one to use.

No comments: